ESG Operations in partnership with Augusta Utilities & Phinizy Center for Water Sciences
Posting Date: May 14, 2018
Reports to: Education Director
Hours: Approximately 25 hours per week as needed for school field trips and program development, typically between the hours of 8am-2pm M-F
Compensation: $13 per hour
Closing Date: When position is filled
Min. Education Required: Bachelor of Science Degree or Education Degree or other related field and/or experience in Environmental Education
The Environmental Educator job duties include the following:
- Leads and assists with K 12th grade school field trips
- Leads and assists with summer programming including summer camp, summer field trips
and summer exploratory programs
- Assists with set up and clean-up of school field trips and other education programs &
- Assists with other events as necessary
- Assists in maintaining education equipment
- Assists with off-site education and outreach events
DESIRABLE JOB PREREQUISITES:
- B.S. Degree, Education Degree, or other related Field
- Or the relevant experience commensurate with the above
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well in a team setting. Able to set personal high performance and quality standards which enable the team to be successful. View all members of the team as critical and important and treat team members with respect and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, and city departments, supervisors, lab personnel, operations staff, vendors, government agencies and the public, including being sensitive to professional ethics, gender, cultural diversities and disabilities.
- Strong customer service ethic in delivery of services.
- Ability to work with students of all ages, strong public speaking skills, an appreciation for natural habitats, and be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and basic computer skills, and ability to apply such knowledge of interrelated processes, tasks and operations.
Send Resumes to:
- Phinizy Center for Water Science Education Department 1858 Lock and Dam Road Augusta, GA 30906
- Call for more information: 706-796-7707