Phinizy Family Camping
May 19 @ 1:00 pm - May 20 @ 12:00 pm
$40 per Group ($30 per Group for Friends of Phinizy)
(A group is up to 6 campers. $5 per additional camper per site. Maximum of 12 campers per campsite.)
Camp out under the stars at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park and enjoy an evening of activities, camp fire eats, and more! Family Camping activities include:
- Hot dog grill for dinner
- Campfire with hot chocolate & s’mores
- Cabela’s games & activities
- Survival and camp craft skills & demos by former U.S Navy Survival Instructor Mike Whitten
- Indoor Family-Friendly Movie
- Campfire sing along
- Morning nature hike
- Sunday morning non-denominational spiritual service will be available for those who wish to participate
Morning pancake breakfast (for purchase). All proceeds will go directly to support our wonderful volunteer and hay ride driver, John Tucker, pay for his kidney transplant.
Camping begins Saturday afternoon at 1 PM and ends Sunday at noon. Download suggested Packing List.
*** Families / groups who would like to participate but not camp overnight are welcome to stay until 10pm and are welcome to come back in the morning to participate in a guided hike or guided bike tour. Pricing is the same as an overnight camping stay.***
* *Due to the size and age demographic of this event, Phinizy Swamp Nature Park reserves the right to use discretion in asking for removal of any dogs that do not maintain safe and courteous behavior. Dogs must be leashed at all times, owners must clean up after dogs, and dogs cannot disrupt the evening. Please remind your children not to approach dogs without owner and parent approval.*
Register online below or by calling 706-396-1410.