Current Available Positions:
Research Internship (Unpaid)
Posting Date: December 20, 2019
Reports to: Education Director
Position type: Seasonal Part-time (Feb – June)
Hours: Approximately 25 hours per week as needed for school field trips and program development, typically between the hours of 8am-2pm M-F. 25 hours not guaranteed during holiday weeks
Compensation: $12 per hour
Closing Date: January 20, 2020 or until position is filled
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor of Science Degree or other related field and/or experience in Environmental Education
The Environmental Educator job duties include the following:
- Leads and assists with K – 12th grade school field trips
- Leads and assists with summer programming including summer camp, summer field trips, and summer exploratory programs
- Assists with set-up and clean-up of school field trips and other education programs & events
- Assists with off-site education and outreach events and other events as necessary
- Assists in maintaining education equipment
- Acts as a park ambassador for visitors and the public
- Other duties as needed
DESIRABLE JOB PREREQUISITES:
- Environmental Science, Environmental Education, B.S. Degree, or other related field
- Or the relevant experience commensurate with the above
- Demonstrated knowledge of natural history
- Experience working with students
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well in a team setting. Able to set personal high performance and quality standards that enable the team to be successful. Takes initiative. Views all members of the team as critical and important and treats team members with respect and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, supervisors, the public, and all other customers, including being sensitive to professional ethics, gender, cultural diversities, and disabilities.
- Strong customer service ethic in delivery of services.
- Ability to work with students of all ages, strong public speaking skills, an appreciation for native habitats, and comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and basic computer skills, and ability to apply such knowledge of interrelated processes, tasks, and operations.
- Punctual; good time management skills.
Send Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 References to: Ruth.firstname.lastname@example.org
RESEARCH INTERNSHIP (UNPAID)
Reports to: Research Director
Position type: Part-time, Seasonal (January – May)
Hours: Minimum 18 – 24 hours per week between the hours of 9am-5pm M-F
Closing Date: January 1, 2020
Min. Education Required: Junior or Senior undergraduate or graduate in Chemistry, Biology, Ecology, or a Related field
Looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic student wishing to gain experience with water quality, chemistry, and ecology. Work involves executing projects to help support supervisors. Ideal candidates would conduct water quality chemistry sampling in the field and in the laboratory, assist with macroinvertebrate identification, and assist in day to day lab operations.
- Obtain experience with field sampling methods and laboratory procedures
- Learn techniques for macroinvertebrate collection and identification
- Gain experience with analytical chemistry and water quality analysis
- Assist with rapid geomorphological assessments
- Assist with urban watershed water quality monitoring
- Hands-on experience with long term continuous monitoring on the Savannah River
- Learn to communicate verbally and in writing with other team members in a scientific manner
- Junior or Senior undergraduate or graduate in Chemistry/Biology/Ecology/Related field
- Strong interest in field and laboratory research
- Must be able to work a minimum of 24 hours a week Monday-Friday for 9-12 weeks
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrate work ethic and have the ability to foster teamwork
- Task-oriented, an appreciation for native habitats, and be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Knowledge of standard office practices and basic computer skills, and ability to apply such knowledge of interrelated processes, tasks, and operations
- Be punctual and demonstrate good time management skills
Send Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 References to: email@example.com
For questions please call 706-396-1419
Not interested in the jobs above? We are also always looking for good volunteers.