Phinizy Swamp Nature park is free and open to the public 365 days a year from dawn to dusk. Our Swamp Shop and Visitor Center is open on Saturdays from 9 AM – 5 PM and Sundays from 1 PM – 5 PM. Free parking is located at the Nature Park’s main entrance.
Travel I-20 to exit 196A, I-520 / Bobby Jones Expressway to exit 10 (Doug Barnard Parkway / Augusta Regional Airport). Turn right off the ramp. After 1 mile, turn left onto Lock & Dam Road. Travel just under ½ mile until you see the Phinizy Swamp Nature Park entrance sign on your left.
Downtown Augusta and North Augusta:
Turn left off of Gordon Hwy. onto Doug Barnard Parkway / Augusta Regional Airport. After 1 mile, turn left onto Lock & Dam Road. Travel just under ½ mile until you see the Phinizy Swamp Nature Park entrance sign on your left.
The park is free and open to the public 365 days a year from dawn until dusk.
- All plant and animal life is protected in the Nature Park; please do not touch, remove, or disturb these natural resources.
- For your own protection, do not feed any of the Nature Park’s wildlife.
- The following are prohibited: motorized vehicles, hunting, fishing, littering, smoking, alcoholic beverages, fires, and firecrackers.
- Your leashed pets are welcome, but we ask that you clean up after them.
- Please do not sit or stand on the railings and fences of the bridges and boardwalks.
- Activity in a natural ecosystem such as Phinizy Swamp involves risks that cannot be eliminated by Phinizy Center for Water Sciences.
Whether you are planning a business meeting, wedding, celebration, party, family reunion, employee day, or another great event, Phinizy Swamp Nature Park is a beautiful location to host your gathering. From outdoor classrooms and pavilions to a classic Conference Room overlooking the Rain Garden Pond or our spacious Education Meeting Room with open deck, you will find facilities to meet your needs. More information is available on the Park Rentals page.
For questions regarding accessibility, please stop by the visitor center or call the main office.
There are public restrooms onsite. These are located at the main parking area, the Visitor Center, and the education building and are accessible all hours that the park is open.
What to Bring
Binoculars, camera, hat, water, bug spray, and comfortable, closed-toe shoes. It’ll also be handy to have this tri-fold of the park, which includes a map — print it out or pick one up when you arrive!