2020 Phinizy Photo Competition
- All photographs entered must have been taken at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park.
- All entries must be received by Phinizy Center by no later than May 1st at 5 PM. Registration opens March 1st 2020.
Registrations must be submitted with your entry. Registration Forms may be submitted online (below), scanned and emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to1858 Lock and Dam Road.Please send your entry photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Images must be submitted as high resolution jpeg’s. Files must be named in this manner, and without spaces:
(Judges will not see your name attached to your photo until after they have judged. As Such photos with watermarks will not be accepted.)
- Each individual may enter up to three photos per Scenic, Wildlife & People in Nature categories. All submissions are automatically entered in the People’s Choice Category. The entry fee is $5 per photo entered. This can be paid online via credit card or you may mail in a check along with your entry form. (Payment must be received by the entry deadline.) Online registration and payment is at:
- Entries will be juried by a panel of at least two professional photographers. Works will be judged on creativity and originality as well as skill level. Finalists will be notified by May 15th.
- The top 10 photos in each category must be printed and framed in Gallery Style (black frame with a white mat) and must have a wire hanging system. The print size must be between 8” x 10” and 16” x 20”. Maximum frame size is 20”x24”.
- Finalist photos will be shown at the annual Swamp Soiree and in our Visitor Center. These must be delivered to Phinizy Swamp Nature Park no later than June 3rd at 3:00 PM.
- A reception will be held for all contestants on Saturday, June 6th. Category winners will be announced and prizes will be given at this event. The finalists’ prints will be on display. The Grand Prize winner will be announced at Swamp Soiree on June 11th. (Three contenders will be invited to Swamp Soiree with a guest for the announcement, a $180 value.)
- Framed photos not being donated to the Phinizy Center must be picked up by June 20, 2020.
Categories and Prizes
Works will be accepted in the following categories:
Includes any work that features a scenic location at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park, including man-made structures, flora and general scenery.
Includes any work photographed at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park that features our abundant wildlife, including birds, reptiles, mammals, insects and other wildlife.
People In Nature
Includes any work photographed at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park that features a person or persons, either active or passive, in the park. People must be aware that they are being photographed and give you written permission to have their image entered in to a photograph competition.
This will be voted on by the public via Facebook.
Juried Awards and Prizes
1st place in each category will receive a $50 cash prize, a Group Hike for up to 20 people, and will become a Family Friend of Phinizy; 2nd place will receive a $40 Phinizy gift certificate; 3rd place will receive a $25 Phinizy gift certificate
People’s Choice: $50 cash prize
Grand Prize: $150 cash prize