2022 Phinizy Photo Competition
- All photographs entered must have been taken at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park.
- All entries must be received by Phinizy Center by no later than August 15th at 5 PM. Registration opens May 1, 2022.
- Registrations must be submitted with your entry. Registration Forms may be submitted online (below), scanned and emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to
1858 Lock and Dam Road.
- Please send your entry photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Images must be submitted as high resolution jpeg’s. Files must be named in this manner, and without spaces:
(Judges will not see your name attached to your photo until after they have judged. As such, photos with watermarks will not be accepted.)
- The categories are Scenic, Wildlife, and People in Nature. Each individual may enter up to three photos per category. The first photo entry fee will be $30.00, additional photo entries will be $10.00 per photo entered. This can be paid online via credit card or you may mail in a check along with your entry form. (Payment must be received by the entry deadline.)
- All submissions are automatically entered in the People’s Choice Category. All entries will be posted on our Facebook page and Facebook users will be able to vote for the photo entries they would like to see win. Facebook users will vote on each round of photos and the photo entries with the most votes from each group will then compete in the last group to vote on. People can also vote multiple times per photo entry by donating a certain amount of money to get a certain amount of votes. $5.00 = 2 votes, $10.00 = 5 votes
- People can use this link to donate for extra votes. https://phinizycenter.org/product/general-donations/
- For extra votes, donors will type in the NAME of the photo in the NOTES field.
- Entries will be juried by a panel of at least two professional photographers. Works will be judged on creativity and originality as well as skill level. Finalists will be notified by September 1st, 2022.
- The top 10 photos in each category will be printed and framed in Gallery Style (black frame with a white mat) by Phinizy Center. The print size will be 8” x 10”.
- A reception will be held for all contestants on Friday, September 23, 2022. Category winners will be announced and prizes will be given at this event. The finalists’ prints will be on display at Swamp Soiree on October 13, 2022. The 1st Place winners + 1 guest will be invited to attend the Swamp Soiree and they will need to RSVP by October 5, 2022. The Grand Prize winner will be announced at Swamp Soiree.
- There is now a youth category where any photographs taken at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park by a person who is under 18 years of age may be entered. Pricing for entries is the same as above. All entries will be entered into the People’s Choice category. A 1st Place winner will be announced at our Photo Reception on September 23, 2022 and will receive a $50.00 cash prize.
Categories and Prizes
Works will be accepted in the following categories:
Includes any work that features a scenic location at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park, including man-made structures, flora, and general scenery.
Includes any work photographed at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park that features our abundant wildlife, including birds, reptiles, mammals, insects, and other wildlife.
People In Nature
Includes any work photographed at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park that features a person or persons, either active or passive, in the park. People must be aware that they are being photographed and give you written permission to have their image entered in to a photograph competition.
Includes any work photographed at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park by a person who is under 18 years of age.
This will be voted on by the public via Facebook.
Juried Awards and Prizes
1st place in each category will receive a $50 cash prize, including People’s Choice and Youth.
2nd place will receive a $25 Phinizy Gift Certificate, not including People’s Choice and Youth.
Grand Prize: $250 cash
For more information please contact Kim Dillard at 706-396-1418 or email her at email@example.com.